Upgrading your Laptop to 802.11ac

With the new 802.11ac products coming in the market, I started feeling the pinch of my laptop not being capable to this new wifi standard which is 802.11ac also refered to ac WiFi. Eventually, I started looking out for products which can on Amazon and came across this excellent Wifi Adapter created by Intel, Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2×2 AC+Bluetooth HMC which can upgrade your laptop capability from previous 2×2 n or even draft N wifi standard to the all new ac standard.

n to ac Network Card

The next thing i did was to order  this network adapter and get it delivered to my home in 2 business days (Thanks to amazon prime service!). Today, I received this adapter and in order to install it, just to confirm I reffered to the following Youtube video and alongside replaced my previos Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 with the new Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth* network adapter. Guess what? The installation was simple, the system adapted it just fine and the drivers gave no trouble at all. A mere 5-10 min upgradation procedure to upgrade my wifi from 300Mbps to uptil 867 Mbps link speed. I would post any comment, in case i face any issues in future and how i may tackle them . But uptil now everything has been working fine and great!

To summarize, in case you like me are still stuck on previous wireless technology and want to upgrade to the new standard; then go ahead order such similar adapter which would be capable for your laptop and enjoy the high speed campus and home WiFi network.